Saturday 12 February 2011

Great Tasting Food



To have great tasting food you have to buy great tasting ingredients. I want to do a section on this blog about where to buy good tasting food. That encompasses food markets, food producers artisan food producers and everything else in between.



This photo is in Feuteventura in the Canary Islands, Spain and is bread made in an outside oven made of stones at an outdoor museum. The bread is made of unbleached white flour and is fairly dense but light and has a light touch of caraway seeds in it. It goes very well with the goats cheese made down the road. The lady is the baker. I have not seen this flavour of bread in the UK. Great idea.



1 comment:

Rachel Lucas said...

Nice to see you blogging again Barbara! Missed you. Did you go to Furteventura? I guess so, but not clear from this. the bread looks lovely. I buy the Village Bakery Rye loaf with Caraway sometimes as I love the flavour. I also make old-fashioned seed cake with caraway...underused I think! Lots of love xo Rachel